We hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the summer holidays.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your child back to school in September.
Staff training days will be held on Tuesday, 1st and Wednesday, 2nd September, school will be closed to pupils on these days. School will re-open to pupils for a staggered start from Thursday, 3rd September, this will help with transition and settling the children back into the routine of school, and help families become familiar with our new routines. This will also allow your child’s previous teacher to work with your child in their new classroom on the first day. We have planned a recovery curriculum which will be based on ‘All About Me’ and working from the book ‘Here We Are’ by Oliver Jeffers which explores the theme of coming back together as a community in our school setting.
These are the start dates for each year group from September (please remember these are the new year groups from September):
- Thursday, 3rd – Reception Group A
- Thursday, 3rd – Years 2, 4 and 6
- Friday, 4th – Reception Group B, Years 1, 3 and 5
- Monday, 7th – Reception Group A
- Monday, 7th – Years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 return full time
- Tuesday, 8th – Reception Group B
- Wednesday, 9th – Reception begin full time
- Monday, 14th – Staggered start for Nursery pupils (we will be writing to you individually to let you know visit dates for children and parents)
Start Times and Finish Times
From September, to reduce congestion and limit numbers on and off the site at any one time pupils will have different drop off/pick up times rather than lining up on the yard.
- Key Stage 2 – please limit to 1 adult to drop off/collect children
- Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 can be dropped off at their classroom door from 8.40 am to 8.50 am, and collected from the appointed yard (Years 5 and 6 top junior yard, Years 3 and 4 lower junior yard) between 2.55 pm and 3.05 pm.
- Foundation Phase – please limit to 1 adult to drop off/collect children between 8.45 am and 8.55 am and collect at the same point from 2.50 pm and 3.00 pm
- Reception to be dropped off and collected from the Foundation Phase entrance (near the cycle shelter on Foundation Phase yard)
- Year 1 and 2 can be dropped off and collected from their classroom doors
- We have a one way system operating around the site and ask parents to please maintain social distancing.
Pupils will be required to wear full school uniform from September. Uniform is available online from RAM Leisure at www.ourschoolwear.co.uk. Visits to the shop at Unit 31 Whitegate Industrial Estate, Wrexham LL13 8UG, are by appointment only, please phone 01978 360360. We have a very small stock of uniform left over in school (22-24″ Sweatshirts and polo shirts, 32″ polo shirts and 1 cardigan, 2 small adult sweatshirts and 14 polo shirts). Uniform will be available to purchase on the the training days, Tuesday, 1st and Wednesday, 2nd September, please phone the school before visiting.
We will be operating a Breakfast Club from 8.00 am at the usual charge of £1.00 per child before 8.20 am. This will need to be booked in advance at the school office. Breakfast Club will be in the school hall, which will be partitioned into year group areas. The school office will be open on the training days, please phone or email to book a place.
After School Club
After School Club will be available from Thursday, 3rd September, 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm. If you require your child to attend, please book in advance by sending a text message to After School Club on 07549 398857 or phone school on 01978 820719. After School Club will be partitioned into year group areas and good hand hygiene will be promoted. The cost is £2.50 per child, per hour. Please collect children from the back of the school via Key Stage 2 yard, from the Art Room door.