Parents are asked to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend. The UK Government has updated the list of key workers who are critical to the Covid-19 response and cannot be safely cared for at home.
If your work is critical to the Covid-19 response and you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, then your children will be prioritised for education provision.
- Health and social care
- Education and childcare
- Key public services e.g. justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services
- Local and national government – only includes administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of Covid-19 response e.g. benefit payments
- Food and other necessary goods
- Public safety and national security
- Utilities, communication and financial services
A reminder to parents requiring provision to please phone or email the school to book a place for your child.